Wednesday, December 14, 2011

They notice the little things.

2 entries today!  Whew!

I just wanted to write one little thing today about how much I am realizing just how much our kids notice what we do!  Yesterday we stopped to get gas after I picked up J. from school.  While I was standing at the pump I placed a small card by the credit card slot with an advertisement for our Christmas show.  When I was done pumping I hopped in the car and off we went.  A few minutes later J said to me, "Mommy I saw you leave that card at the gas station".  "You're right", I told him.  "I prayed in my heart that the next person who comes for gas will see it and maybe if they don't know Jesus, will decide to come to the show and hear about what He did for them."  J. was quiet for a moment in the back seat.  "I think they will Mommy."  "You think they will what?" I said.  "I think they will come." he said.  I smiled.  "I really hope so J."

This moment really reminded me just how much he and his brother and sister notice everything I do.  That's both for the good and for the bad.  I make hundreds of mistakes each day in mothering them.  I feel like a failure very, very often.  My prayer today is that God will help me to remember that they are watching me.  They notice when I do things for Him and they notice when I act in ways I shouldn't.  I pray He will help me be a better mother,  with more patience, and an eternal perspective towards being their parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment