Wednesday, December 21, 2011

For the Mothers


There are so many reasons why I know God is real.  I’ve mentioned a few of them in a previous post.  But one of the greatest reasons is sitting right in front of my face: my children.  Here are some reasons why I could never deny the existence of God:

*Seeing each one of my children for the first time as entered the world
*When my daughter smiles at me with a wide smile and she’s all gums except for two little bottom teeth that are sticking out
*When my almost 6 year old writes me a letter and sticks it on my bedroom door.  The envelope reads : TO MOMME
*When my 3 year old says or does something so completely hilarious that I am smiling ear to ear
*When one of them tells me they want a kiss or a hug
*When they wrap their own arms around me
*When I look down at my baby’s face as I nurse her.
*When I wipe a tear off of one of their faces.
*When they were babies and they rested their little heads on my shoulder

Why do those things convince me?  Because when these things happen what I feel is love, intense and undeniable love.  Love to me is evidence that we have a creator.  It’s not just a chemical response to something.  We are not animals.  We feel and love deeply.  My love for my children is so strong that just the mere thought of something bad happening to one of them makes me sick to my stomach and overcome with dread.  Any mother would agree.  Every mother feels the same way.  And yet God’s love for us is even greater than that.  But to help us understand how He feels about us just a little bit, He’s allowed many of us to become mothers and to love in such a way that we’ve never experienced before.  He does it so we can relate to the love He feels for us.  He does it so that many of us will say as we look at our children: God must be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment