Sunday, December 18, 2011

Beginning to Realize Why We Were Meant to Be

I always think it's wonderful and amazing when couples feel a specific burden to do something for God before they are even married.  I've heard so many stories about people that have a heart for this or that and then they meet their future spouse and feel and instant connection because they are both drawn to serve God similarly.  What confirmation that must be in deciding if someone is meant to be your spouse!

For R. and I it has been different.  I only doubted for about a day as to whether or not he was the one for me.  I prayed very specifically that if God did not will this, then I didn't want it.  I felt an instant peace and probably the closest I have ever felt to hearing God's voice as if He was saying, "I am not playing games with you, rest assured."  I never looked back from that point.  In the last seven and a half years that we have been married I have seen over and over again how God undeniably put me with the right person.  R. knows me like no other and has incredible insight into my strengths and weaknesses.  God has used him tremendously to shape me into a better person.  But the one thing that has been unclear to us, that has always been foggy, was how God was going to use us together to do something for Him.  You see, at first glance we have very different interests.  We have different ways of thinking and different ways that we go about doing things.  R. would share passions he had and I would just sort of nod my head, thinking that it sounded great for him, but felt nothing on my end.

 Bottom line however is that I have never doubted that God had something in store for both of us to do together.  We just didn't know what it was yet.  For over seven years we discussed things here or there in little bits, but still no clarity.  Until one day a few weeks ago I said something.  And then a few weeks after that little light bulbs sort of just went off and we began to work on a project together.  I don't want to give away details because it seems preemptive to start discussing something that is underway and unfinished, but working together on this project for God as been very seamless, very meant to be.  We have no idea where God will take it or what the final outcome will be.  All we know is that we are supposed to be working on it and doing it as a team.  Amazing!  We always knew God would do it because He always does.

For every married couple that serves the Lord, there is some greater plan that God needs to accomplish using both people together.  Otherwise He would not have joined you together.  It's not just to love one another and love your kids.  It's part of His eternal plan at winning souls, that the work that can be achieved with two is greater than what could have been done separately each one.  I think it's awesome and a great confirmation if you know what that is going to be before you walk down the aisle.  But sometimes, certainly in the case of R. and I, we just knew that there was something for us to do, and trusted that in His time we would know what it was.  It feels very good to see the beginnings of that finally come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment