Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Story of Love


Tomorrow and Sunday I’ll be acting in our church Easter production entitled: The Story of Love.  I think this is at least the 5th or 6th time I’ve been in this particular show.  It’s essentially the story of the gospel from the beginning of creation to the resurrection set to music.  The last scene I am in is the scene where the crucifixion happens.  It’s chaotic and it doesn’t feel like acting.  It feels like I am really there.  And that is really painful.  Last Sunday when I came off the stage I headed up to Ricardo’s office to change out of my costume.  Everyone is solemn when we leave that scene.  It’s hard to transition from how real it felt to the reality that we were just acting.  But there’s something that I do every time I’m in it.  No matter how many times we rehearse or perform, I always have to watch the end.  I know Christ isn’t still on the cross.  Oh how thankful I am that He is not!  But it doesn’t matter.  Even though I know the certain outcome of the end of the show, I need to watch it every time.  I have to see the risen Christ.  I have to see Him!  The show makes the suffering on the cross so real.  But thankfully he’s not on it anymore.  He is risen from the dead!  And he lives in all those who believe in him!

Here are some photos from the show.  All courtesy of Aaron Robinson:






No comments:

Post a Comment