Friday, June 15, 2012

A New Direction

I'm debating about the direction of my blog.  I feel like I've written about a lot of important topics and shared personal reflections about God and how He works in my life.  I want to keep doing that, but I also feel like some of my favorite blogs are ones where people share pictures and actually update people about themselves.

I've read about and been really inspired by the lives of perfect strangers.  Of course their lives seem so much more exciting than mine.  Maybe that's part of my hesitation.  I would love to be doing something really amazing for God.  I would love to be in some far off land sharing pictures of our adventures.  But I'm not.  I'm here in the same place I've been for the last decade.  I'm plugging away, praying to be a light to those around me, and to love everyone I come in contact with.  Is that really of interest to anyone?

I really want to keep writing, readers or not.  I'm pondering the next step for this blog.  I'm just unsure about putting our life out there into cyber land.  I suppose the first person I should discuss this with is my husband.  So before I make a decision I will go and do that.  In the mean time stay tuned for what might come next...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good idea (to ask the hubby first). Just wanted to encourage you that you REALLY ARE doing something amazing for God!! You are allowing Jesus to shape you into a godly woman day by day who continually blesses her husband and three beautiful children with her Christ-like attributes (Love, patience, gentleness, mercy, compassion, hospitality....and the list goes on) every day! This surely is not an easy thing to do! I commend you for that. You could be taking the easy way out, raising your children the way the world does, doing whatever it is that YOU want to do, but you have set your heart steadfastly towards God and opened yourself to be obedient to His will for the rest of your life. This is truly noble and praise-worthy!!! You are an inspiration to me!!!

    Lizandra Portalatin

    ReplyDelete