Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I love Japan!

Seven years ago Ricardo and I went to Japan with a singing group from our church.  Ricardo helped with the sound while we were there and I tagged along.  I never had a desire to go there, but I was glad to be able to go with Ricardo and see a new place.  Much to my surprise I fell in love with the country.  I loved everything about it: the food, the vibe, the culture, but most of all I fell in love with the people.  We've always longed to go back.  Ricardo actually got a chance to a few years later, but by that time I had J. so he went on his own.  Maybe someday God will send us there again, hopefully for longer than the last time!  Here are a few pictures from our trip in 2005.

This was our welcome from a group of Christians affiliated with the church pastored by our host for the trip.

I loved, loved, loved Japanese food!


These school children were on a field trip and when they heard I was an American school teacher they wanted a picture.


Here's  a picture of a rehearsal for one of our concerts:

We met this amazing couple at one of our concerts and they offered to take us around Kobe the next day.  So much fun!


Ricardo and I.  We had just celebrated one year of marriage!


We took this from our hotel room of the crowds lining up for our concert in Tokyo


I pray we get to go back someday soon!  Next blog entry I plan to share some links to some really amazing/powerful videos about what God has been doing in Japan, especially in light of last year's earthquake and tsunami.




1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the pictures and reading some reflections about your trip. Also, it is so encouraging for me that God has put Japan on your heart.

    ReplyDelete