Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm Ready

For the last month or so M. has been asking me the same question at least once a day: "Mom am I ready for school?" I always answer, "You're ready M. but you're not going to school today." And then he asks me "Why?" which I follow up with, "It's not time yet. You will start school after the summer is finished." He's usually satisfied with this answer, but today he said this to me: "Why do I have to wait?  Because I'm ready. I'm ready, ready, ready NOW!" I completely get his frustration and I certainly know what it feels like to feel ready for something to happen and then have to wait. We've likely all been there. We think we know when it's time for God to move on a situation and then we wrestle with frustration when He doesn't. I'm personally dealing with this as we speak. The truth of the matter though is that God is always moving. He is always working things out. We just don't have eyes that can see behind the scenes. And because of that we have to just trust Him while we wait. Knowing that our human condition will nearly guarantee that we will struggle with this, God has given us numerous scriptures to encourage us. Here are a few:

 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
 when they carry out their wicked schemes. (Psalm 37:7 NIV84)

 We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. (Psalm 33:20 NIV84)

Wait for the Lord;
 be strong and take heart
 And wait for the Lord. (Psalm 27:14 NIV84)

 I don't know if I'll ever get better at this waiting thing. I guess I'll just have to wait and see! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment