Friday, April 27, 2012

"I love you Mom!"

Quick post today!  It's Friday night and after my kids finished eating dinner they were begging me for ice cream.  After little sis was off to bed, I scooped up two bowls (one chocolate, the other sherbet :)  The boys jumped for joy (they don't get ice cream too often) and each promptly announced, "Thank you!  I love you Mom!" and raced off to eat their ice cream.

As I cleaned up dishes I thought to myself, how easily I get an "I love you!' from them when I give them things they want like ice cream.  But how often do my busy boys just tell me that for no reason?  Only once in a while.  And how often do they tell me that in the midst of me instructing or punishing them? Umm... Never.

But you know what?  Aren't we adults often the same way with God?  We're so quick to tell Him we love Him when we receive something we want.  We're not so quick to tell Him the same thing just because of who He is and definitely not when we are going through something.  But we should.  He is God and He is good and loving to us all the time.  We should answer Him back similarly...All the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment